Monday, June 15, 2009

Visits, Crafts and B&Ws

I love this pic of Baby K and I.
I got a new haircut. It is a bit shorter than I told the hair dresser to do, but maybe that is because my natural curl makes it shorter than if it were straight. I wasn't sure I liked it at first, but it is starting to grow on me. :) Mark said that he liked it from day 1. :)
I love this picture of Little Miss R. So Classic R.
I have been having fun experimenting with b&w pictures. Check out Baby K's tongue in this pic!
A lot of people tell me that Little Man E, looks older than his real age, because he is so tall. The only problem with that is if they expect him to act more mature than his age too. But I think that this picture makes him look like his real age, 4 1/2.
I have been working on lots of crafty projects lately. This is a baby cocoon that I have been knitting and finally finished {it took me a week from start to finish--I have OCD, I know}. It turned out great. :)
This is the beautiful arbor that Mark built for the side/front of our home, for plants to crawl up. He also put that lattice work on the front of the porch. He is doing a fabulous job with our yard. Good job honey! My flower bulbs (that I planted) are popping up there in front of the porch! :)
The kids enjoyed drawing with sidewalk chalk on Great Grandma's back porch with Grandma. Even Baby K, got into it. Only she got it mostly on her feet and in her mouth.
I forgot Baby K's pack n play, for her to sleep in. So (it seems bratty), but I made a bed in a box for her to sleep in. Despite the picture, she didn't like sleeping in it, because it wasn't very big. But the only way I was going to get her to go to sleep at night on her own (like usual), or down for a nap, was for her to have some "boundaries" in her bed. Otherwise, she would have crawled all over the room, in a frenzy and went to bed, completely exhausted and crying. The box worked.
My mom was down visiting my Grandma, and two aunts (Luetta and Alaine), and they live only 2 hours away from us, so I went up with the kids and visited also. We stayed for a couple of days. I worked on my current sewing project, a little girl princess costume.
My grandma (Baby K's Great Grandma Monson).
Mark, the kids and I went over to Idaho to see some Bff's, my old roomies Trini and Carmen and their families. It was awesome. Our kids played together and we had a fabulous visit.


7 comments:

Ryan and Leah said...

I love the bed! I know what you mean when it comes to them going to sleep! Yes the leishes are a must in my family. People can say they are mean if they want, but maybe when they are in my situation I might listen. I would much rather have my child in one then have them lost! The pictures are great!

Natalie said...

Did you win anything for getting first place in the photo contest? That is awesome...Congrats. You take great pictures. I wish you lived close by and you could take our pics. I need to get my kids pictures taken.

I have had my other 2 on their due dates so I feel like there is no hope that I will have this one early. I am getting induced a few days early so we will see.

Steph said...

Your new hair cut looks great! I also love the arbor Mark built, HOW PRETTY!

Megan and Jeremy said...

I love b&w photos of people, you can really focus in on their faces and features. I also really like the one of Kate's feet-so cute :)

I love the haircut, I bet it feels nice to have it short in the summer!

Candice said...

Oh my goodness, I swear you are SuperMom, how do you get so much done?! That box is a very smart idea, it's a really cute pic! That's so cool that you got to visit your old roomies, now if only I could think of another old roommate you could spend some time with, hmmm...

I didn't know that you knit!! That's one of my favorite relaxing things to do while watching a movie and drinking a cup of tea - we really are twinners :) Is that baby cocoon pattern really simple (to share with me, or is copyrighted)?

I checked out scrapofourlives, and you are doing an amazing job - miss ya!

Oh, and that's great that you got to see family too!

Trans globe sconce said...

The pics are great.

Summer said...

I really like that picture of the b/w with Rachel.

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...