Sunday, January 14, 2007

Locked Out! :( {01.2007}

So, the other day I was in my house, and I put both of my kids down for a nap, and then I printed out some pictures for my scrapbook, and then I took them outside, so I could spray some "preserve it" spray on them, so they would last longer. Here I was, with no shoes or coat on and it was FREEZING outside, snowing--of course. And I didn't have my keys either. Well, I didn't think about that, I just thought about how I didn't want the toxic smell of the spray inside of my house and so I shut the door behind me. Also, not thinking about how the door automatically locks behind me (which ordinarily is nice--like when I have to leave in a hurry, but NOT today). I was like, "crap!" I was locked out (I had never had this happen before!). It was freezing, snowing and I had no coat or shoes on. But I DID have my preserve it spray--lucky me right? Yah, if I could use it to open the lock...but it was no help in THAT area. SO I proceeded to knock on all of my neighbors doors, and none of them answered, (probably because they looked out the window and saw me with the spray in my hand, no shoes and no coat, and thought I was some crazy person, that was going to Spray them to death...yah with preserve it spray)...anyway, the last door I knocked on, the lady answered and she didn't have a phone (yah some luck), but she did have some flip-flops that she let me borrow, so at least I had the shoe situation handled--for now. Then I remembered that a lady I knew from church lived around the corner, so I walked to her house, and she let me use her phone to call Mark, on his cel phone. And another lady that was there, also from church, drove me back to my apartment and we waited for Mark to get there. Which he arrived VERY quickly, so I was thankful for him for that. Even though it was an emotional experience (I was on the edge of tears--it was stressful), everything turned out okay, and when I went inside, (45 minutes later), the kids were still sleeping and didn't even know that something had happened. That was very relieving, in itself.
'myspace




'Myspace,


7 comments:

christine said...

Gosh what a horrible experience! I am glad everything is sorted now!

enickel said...

What a blessing that the babies were still asleep! Angels must have been watching over you.

sherrie said...

sheesh - automatic locking doors? i'd be locked out like every day... glad you were able to get back in quickly ;)

Joy said...

I did the same thing once only I was in my bathing suit, barefoot and had just moved here! What a way to meet the neighbors eh?

Elizabeth C said...

Yah! It was a bit scarey, I think that someone was watching over us! I am very surprized that I haven't done it before, it is amazing. Yah, it's a great way to meet neighbors...lol...

Megan and Jeremy said...

So glad everything worked out and Ethan and Rachel stayed asleep-thank goodness! Aren't cell phones nice?!

Elizabeth C said...

Me too! Yes, cel phones are wonderful! I was VERY thankful for them that day!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...