Friday, April 20, 2007

The adventures of Parenthood :) {04.20.07}

Well, Mark drove with us up to Washington, and stayed for the birthday party and for a couple of days, but then he had to work, so he drove back home to Oregon. Me and the kids stayed up here to visit with my family and friends. We have had a great week. We have made lots of fun memories. The first picture is of Baby E helping Grandma make home-made icecream (yum! love it). Also, today a funny thing happened. After the easter egg hunt on Saturday, I put the kids' candy up on a high stack of boxes, because I wanted to ration the candy to them. Well, I hadn't given them very much, even though Baby E loves the stuff. Anyway, today I had put Baby R down for a nap, and thought that she was still asleep, when Baby E came downstairs and said something to me, "Mama, Baby eat Caaa"... And he kept on saying it. I realized that he was using his word for candy. And I said, "How could Baby R eat candy? She's asleep. And how would she get it?" Well, he took my hand, and said, "Follow me, mama." He took me upstairs, and low and behold. There was Baby R sitting up in her bed, and she had both Easter Baskets, and was going to town on that candy, with chocolate smeared all over her face!! I started to laugh and said, "Hmmm, did Baby R jump out of her bed and get this candy off of the shelf, by herself, or did she have help?" She obviously had some help, from Baby E and I'm sure that he ate some of the candy, before he came to tell me. But the funny part about it, is that it was like he was trying to frame Baby R. He gets it down, eats some, and then decides that he can't get it back on the shelf, so he better share some with Baby R, and then tell mama, that she did it. LOL. What a silly little guy. He didn't figure that mama is too smart to fall for that!! I know that she had to have help from someone--perhaps a sugar monster that could climb up and reach it off the shelf!! I love the adventures of parenthood!! :)

6 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

It is amazing how young they learned to frame syblings! Colin is a pro at it, if you ask him who did it it is always Conner. Great story and what fun with your fam.

Elizabeth C said...

Yes, I agree, you would think that they would be too young to do that!! But, they're not!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Liz I love that candy story! That's one you can tease Ethan about for years and years. Love the pictures as always! So glad you had time to spend with your family and meet your new nephew =]
Love ya!!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Couldn't comment on the last two posts for some reason but I think it's so cool that you got to see the real ruby slippers!!! When did you get to go?

Elizabeth C said...

the summer after my senior year--it was so amazing, washington dc, is a place that I want to visit again, because a week wasn't long enough to see everything. Oh, I took the comments off those posts, b/c I put like four in at the same time.

Angela said...

I love this story! LOL! It is hilarious!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...