Sunday, April 22, 2007

I am sick...and I don't like it...hard day {04.2007}






















We had a hard time of it... At risk of not looking perfect--wait a minute I'm not. Here's a situation in my life that happened...I have been without Mark for about a week now, visiting my family, and it has been great. But I have stayed up a couple nights way too late (partly because some of my sibs have different sleeping schedules than me and I wanted to visit with them--partly because it's my vacation time). Anyway, so yesterday I woke up feeling a bit sick (yah can you stay serious strep throat?--yuck!) and Baby R has been pretty fussy lately. Both of my kids usually get somewhat clingy when their daddy is out of the picture, but Baby R has been extra clingy I think that she must not be feeling well either. Anyway, she hasn't been sleeping through the night regularly, of course she still thinks that she needs to nurse during the night. I would just let her cry it out, but her and Baby E have been sharing a room, so that doesn't really work. Anyway, so yesterday I was trying desperately to get a nap in the middle of the day, because I was soooo tired and soooo sick. So since it was during the kids normal nap time, I put them down too (usually this scenario works, and we all sleep and it's perfect). But today, it wasn't happening (we are all staying in the same room). Baby E kept on playing with stuff, and wouldn't settle down and sleep, and Baby R kept on crying in her bed. I must have taken her out of her bed, and nursed her like 3-4 times and put her back in her bed (she wasn't having it). I don't know about you moms out there, but I don't do well, having my kids in my bed while I'm trying to sleep--I only do it if I have to (can you say being kicked in the head--anyone?). Anyway, so Baby R wouldn't go to sleep, she just kept whining and whining, and screaming and I thought about going to get one of my family members to get her, but I was sooo sick and tired (no pun intended) that I couldn't handle it anymore I just had to take her bed out into the hall, and put her in it, and shut the door, or else I would have gone crazy or something. Of course, my dad came up because he heard her crying, and got her and took her downstairs, so that was nice. I then did actually get a nap...thank goodness for caring family members that are willing to help. And don't get me wrong, I completely adore my kids, but situations like this, make me value the times when my children go down for their naps easily, without any whining...I just needed to vent--thanks :) I have to give props to my family--They are always really helpful with my children, but they have been extra helpful since I've been sick. My mom stayed home from church today to take care of my kids, so I could sleep. And she got up at 2 am last night and helped me when Baby R was screaming. Also, my dad is amazing with them--he helped feed Baby R today and helps hold my kids. My little brothers Dan, Tom and Joe are sooo good with all of their nieces and nephews (Joe also made dinner--soup and sandwich for me last night when my parents were gone). They always hold them and rock them, help babysit and they have a special bond with each of them. It is so sweet. I am very lucky. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your yucky day, Elizabeth. I can't imagine how difficult is must be to be so sick and also have to take care of needy children! You are a wonderful mother and woman though, Elizabeth, and it's okay to be sick! Your kids love you and want you to be healthy and happy. That is great your family was able to help you out! Family is great! Keep your spirits up sister and get better quick! Love ya, Julia

Angela said...

Liz, I too hope you get better soon! But partly for selfish reasons because I really want to hangout again before you leave. :) I also appreciate our family and how they are so willing to step up and help, when we are over there.

Elizabeth C said...

Julia, that is such a sweet thing to say...thanks for the encouragement. I definitely can use that right now. Thanks Angela too, I want to hang out with you before I leave too. I am trying to work on the getting better part. :)

Elizabeth C said...

I got a bunch of herbal meds and combos yesterday and am taking them now, so it's amazing because I don't have to be on IB-Profen and Tylenol 24/7 anymore, without crying b/c it hurts so bad. So yah for herbal remedies! My hubby is my herbal guru, I was on the cel phone with him most of the time that I was at the health food store, so he could give me pointers on what to get.

Elizabeth C said...

It is really hard to take care of kids while you're sick!! Especially when they really depend on you!!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...