Saturday, August 04, 2007

Grande Ronde Lake and E & R {08.2007}





Last Saturday, July 28th, we went up to Grande Ronde Lake, in the Elk Horn Mountain range. We had so much fun fishing, eating a picnic, playing in the water and spending time with each other in our beautiful surroundings. Little Man E liked “swimming” and Baby R enjoyed playing in the mud! :) We had a great time. Little Man E is really starting to talk in sentences, very well, He has been saying lately, “Come and play with me” and “I love Baby R--she plays with me”. It is so cute. Baby R has been able to express herself better with words lately too. She has been saying “All done” when she wants to get out of her highchair and is done eating. Little Man E has had a reoccurring diaper rash for the last month, and we didn’t know what it was from, we tried Desitin and it didn’t seem to help. Every time we changed his diaper, he was in pain. Well, we took him to his new pediatrician, (we switched our kids to a new pediatrician because of what happened with Baby R and her hives (picture in a below post, or click on this link), how I said that their old doctor, shouldn’t prescribe amoxicillian to Baby R (because I’m allergic to it) and he didn’t listen to me, and prescribed it anyway, and then she got hives and he thought it was an allergic reaction (I told him it was probably from the antibiotics) to the chicken pox vaccine, and told me to keep on giving her the antibiotics, so I did--and she got even worse. And then they finally told me that I had been right all along (not in so many words)--but told me to stop giving her the antibiotics). Well, it is such a relief, because this new pediatrician seems to actually LISTEN to me--what a concept! He told me that it looked like Ethan had a strep infection, and wanted to prescribe a cream for his bum and oral antibiotics. And I told him about how Baby R and I are both allergic to amoxicillian, and so he didn’t prescribe Little Man E that, he said, “he is in enough pain, we don’t want to potentially add to it”. What a nice thing--that he listened. And the meds are working for Little Man E, what a relief!

2 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

What gorgeous pictures as usual! I love all the fun little places you guys find to go fishing and enjoy nature, it's awesome to see. And I'm so glad you found a doctor who will listen to you--that is so important! They may have gone to med school but parents also know their children and their situation. Good for you to switch doc's!

Angela said...

I agree! Gorgeous pictures! And glad you found a doctor you can trust. Moving a lot, we have experienced many different doctors and I can tell you what a difference it makes, when you trust your doctor.

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...