Wednesday, October 06, 2010

It's a BOY! Announcing the birth of our newest addition!! :)

   
Last Thursday, on my Due Date September 2010 ( I have always gone really close to my due date, the day after, 4 days before and the day before but never on my actual due date!), I started having irregular contractions about 2:00 pm, and I was thinking this is probably it, because they were painful, but you'd think I'd know exactly when to go into the hospital, because this is baby number 4, but let me tell you, it doesn't get any easier, not being sure about that.  But because I have always gone very fast with my labors, I really don't have much time to second guess myself--I just need to get in there.
     Well, I had been talking to Mark about whether we should go into the hospital, and we finally decided that it was time to go by 3:30 pm.  It's ridiculous really, because the worst that could happen with going to get checked and not being far along, is that you'd get sent home, but in my case, if I wait too long, then I'd have the baby at home.  Well, Mark's mom came over to watch the kids, and Mark and I left in a hurry to get to the hospital at 3:45 pm.  By that point I knew it had to be it, because my contractions were close together, and I was feeling more pressure.
     We got to the hospital at about 3:58 pm, and the front desk people were telling me that I needed to register, I was like, "No, I am having this baby RIGHT now, the last baby I had was born 20 minutes after I got to the hospital, I need to go upstairs NOW."  Well, they listened to me (don't mess with a woman in labor right?).  Mark was still parking, and bringing my bags in, and a nice guy offered to wheel me upstairs in a wheel chair (yah, couldn't really walk very well by this point).  I got upstairs, and into the hospital gown and sat in the bed, and my water broke.  My doctor happened to be at the hospital at a meeting, her and Mark walked in at the same time, and they checked me and I was dilated to a 10!  They said the baby was coming out already, so I pushed ONCE and he was out!  Born at 4:04 pm.  I couldn't believe how fast it was, even though I always have had really fast labors, (First two were 5 hours, Second two were 2 hours) I was in SHOCK at how incredibly fast this labor went.
      But the baby, and I were both healthy and it went very well.  I was just glad that we made it to the hospital before he was born!!  It was a pretty close call!!  We had a very hard time this whole pregnancy deciding on what his name was going to be.  But when we both saw him, Mark and I both thought, before we even talked to each other, that his name is Baby C.  We'd been praying that we'd be able to think of a good name that fit him, and our prayers were answered because we were both inspired to name him that.  :)  His name is C, middle name after Mark's father.  Baby C has strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes.  He also has dimples on both cheeks!! :)  I just love dimples.  He weighs 8 lbs and 3 oz, and measures 21.5 inches long (Pretty close in size to the other kids, but the biggest so far (by 6 oz)--Little Man E was 7lb 13 oz, 21 inches, Little Miss R was 7lbs 9 oz, 22 inches and Little Miss K was 7lbs 6oz and 20 inches).  Mark brought me a dozen long stemmed red roses at the hospital. 
     We were in the hospital for a couple of days, he was on an IV with antibiotics while we were there.  Because he came out so fast, he had a little air outside his lungs in his chest, that was making it harder on him to breathe.  He was making a grunting noise--but the antibiotics cleared that up.  We are all doing great, and really enjoying having our new Baby brother C, at our home.  My mom is down visiting and it is very fun having her here!  We are going to bless him at church, the first Sunday in November.
 Happy Big Sister R with Baby brother C.
Happy Big Sister K, with Baby Brother C.












Excited Big Brother E with new Baby Brother C





I had too much fun taking all of these pictures. :)



15 comments:

Evelyn said...

Very sweet! He is so cute! I forget how small they are at first. Glad mom and baby are doing well. Oh, and I love the picture of you two sleeping!

Kaylene said...

Oh, he's just adorable!! Congrats, Liz! He's perfect, and it makes me even more excited for our little boy coming in January! I can only pray my labor is as easy as yours was. Sheesh! That's awesome! Sounds like his name was difinitely inspired too. :) I love all the adorable pictures!

The Muries said...

Congrats again! He is a cutie! I am glad you guys are doing well and that your mom is there to help out.

Angela said...

Thanks for posting these pictures! It was fun seeing our adorable new nephew/cousin! Very cute pictures! I especially like the ones of the proud siblings with their new brother. Super cute! Congrats!

The WIlloughby Family said...

He is adorable!!!! I love the picture of you and him you are so pretty!! I am glad everything went good, you are in my prayers!

Ingrid said...

I can't believe you had him that fast! I am glad all went well, though! He is beautiful! You look so great, and I love all the pics you took. So fun, I wish you were here so you could take some for me soon. What a precious baby boy, and his name does fit him! Congratulations!

Suzanne said...

congratulations! i'm glad everything went so well, and fast! glad you made it to the hospital :). he is a beautiful little boy, good work!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! That has to be the best birth story I've ever heard of! I can't believe how fast it was. I don't know from experience but that has to be such a blessing!! Congratulations, Elizabeth & Mark!! Collin is such a cutie.

Mandy Cheney said...

He is simply beautiful! Can't wait to hold him:)

Summer said...

oh, that was fun to read the story again even though you already told me about it. Those pictures are so sweet!! What a perfect little face and boy does he look like mark! Glen thinks so too. My favorite pic is the wagon one. That is so cute!! That should win something. enter it in a contest. Glad he's doing better.

Anna said...

Congratulations Liz! I was really excited to hear the news when Angela posted about Collin's birth on Facebook. Glad you made it to the hospital in time! Collin is an adorable name and it fits that adorable little guy!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh he is so adorable!!! I'm so glad you have your little baby boy to cuddle with :) And I can't believe your crazy fast labor but you pretty much knew that's how it would be eh? Hope you're recovering well & everyone is adjusting to baby #4!

I love the name Collin too.

Steph said...

Oh MY! That went by so fast! Congrats to you and your family. Collin is certainly a cute little fella!

Jenny said...

Liz, he is gorgeous! Awesome job on getting him here so fast! Yikes! You look beautiful and I'm so happy for your cute family.

Candice said...

Oh he looks so precious - congrats! I didn't realize it was that time already, I still remember us talking on the phone and you hoping the test would be positive :) So glad Ethan got his little brother to play with - take care!!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...