Saturday, August 04, 2007

Singing my “duet” in Church {08.2007}

Well, last Sunday the 29th of July--I sang a solo in my ward at church. They had been wanting me to sing “His Hands” (*link to a pic of when I sang it at Christmas for the "Greater than us all" fireside) for a few months now, and it finally worked out. So when it was time for me to sing the song, I went up there and sang it, and it went really well. The only thing that happened was that Mark was watching both Baby E and Baby R, 3 rows from the front, and they are both very active, wiggly kids--so Baby E got away from him, and walked up onto the stand with me! He was standing by me, so I put my hand on his head, to let him know that I knew that he was there, but I didn’t break my character, my stance of the song--which believe me, was not that easy to do, but with all of the performing experience that I’ve had, I know that you don’t do that--if at all possible. And I was fine with him being up there, until he started grabbing at the microphone. He likes attention and being in front of crowds, so I guess he thought that he and Mommy would do a duet, with Mommy singing and him on percussion! LOL, well, it’s funny NOW looking back on it, but at the time, I was like, AHHHH. Well, I still kept it together, looking at the audience, singing, and it didn’t last long, because Mark came up and got him, and relieved the situation. I think that he must have left Baby R, alone in the seat, and at least she stayed there, until he got back. Well, I got a lot of compliments from people, and also a lot of, “I can’t believe that you kept your composure, that would have been so hard!” I said, “Well, that is just what I had to do.” Sometimes in life, you go through situations that are pretty hard to deal with, but you just do, you get through it, learn something from it (Next time we’ll bring a leash for him--LOL), and move on.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Last Sunday, my Jacob who will be a Kindergartner next this year wanted to share his testimony. Our ward encourages us to only let the kids share their testimony if they are able to do it themselves. Jacob had done it a few times before. So he went up again this week and spoke clearly and with confidence. He was like a little old man...so impressive, right? Then he just froze....and stood there....then he covered his face.... Eldon finally got up form his seat in the very back of the overflow (which is the only place available to sit in our ward when you get there only ten minutes early) and helped Jacob close his thoughts. I was so filled with admiration for my little guy. He's always so courageous. I think your son likely made many people smile that day as mine did! I would have loved to see your solo/duet.

Megan and Jeremy said...

Some day you it would be fun to sing a real duet with Ethan eh? Good for you to just keep on singing!

Angela said...

Cute story! I would've loved to have been there! You have such a beautiful voice!! And I know your "duet" was wonderful!!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...