Saturday, August 04, 2007

Soccer Team & Future soccer players {08.2007}










Well, my soccer season, of coaching my U-15 coed rec team is over. It was a fun time, and I love meeting and interacting with kids. That is why I have done it for 3 years, but it’s pretty hard to do it with two little munchkins, especially when they want to run on the field and “play” with the older kids. It seems like every year I have a really good group of kids, and this year was no exception. At the end of our last game, the ref said to us, “I have reffed a lot of soccer games, and you are the best and fairest team I have ever seen.” That is a BIG compliment coming from someone who sees a lot of games. We had a big potluck barbeque, at my assistant coaches house and it was a lot of fun. Well, it was a fun experience, but I’m thinking about taking next year off, and maybe picking up again, when Baby E is 4 and can play on a team (it will be the summer after that). I have been told that coaching little kids is going to be a lot different than older kids, because they don’t know the rules and don’t want to be serious all the time. But I think that it will be great being able to coach Baby E’s team, and Baby R will be able to be on the same team, because they are so close in age. It is amazing, Baby E and R are kicking the soccer ball around already. It is such a joy for me to watch! A sport I love, being loved by my kids too, and at such young ages. Baby E must’ve been watching closely, because he’ll dribble the ball down the field and then pick it up and do a throw-in--it’s sooo stinkin cute! I love watching them. The Yellow Shirt that you see Baby E wearing, is the first soccer jersey I had when I was 5 years old. Pretty crazy to watch him fit into that!! :) And that kitty in the picture is "Batman" kitty (or so named by Baby E), a neighborhood (stray?) that likes to come and visit us, that of course we have fed, because we love kitties. She is always trying to get into our house, (which kitties aren't allowed to go--but we love petting her). Baby  R and E love that kitty.

2 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

Glad you had a good year being coach! That is a great accomplishment I think, and how fun that your kids are showing signs of wanting to play too. That will be fun to coach them someday too!

Angela said...

Cute pictures of the kids playing soccer!! Love them!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...