Saturday, September 01, 2012

Getting the Girls Ears Pierced



Little Miss R had been begging me since she could talk to get her ears pierced.  So a few months ago, I decided that while I was on a trip to the Tri-cities to visit family, I would take her and get her ears pierced at Claire's at the Mall.  I had to wait until I was 12 years old to get mine pierced, but I didn't want my girls to have to wait that long.  When we got to Claire's, Little Miss K was asking to get hers pierced too.  So I thought that I might as well get them both done at the same time.  Anyway, I had been preparing Little Miss R (was 5) and telling her that it would hurt, so she was ready for it.  I hadn't told Little Miss K (3) anything, (because I wasn't expecting to pierce hers) so she didn't know what to expect.  Well, I asked how experienced the ear piercers were, and they had been doing it for several years.  I requested to have both of their ears done at the same time, so it would be over fast for each of them.  Well, they did Little Miss R's ears first, and it didn't hurt as bad as she thought, she barely felt it.  But they did Little Miss K next, and she didn't know it would hurt, so she cried.  But afterwards, they were both very glad that they would be able to wear earrings now, just like their mommy. 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your own story of having the girls ears pierced with the undcertainty of the younger one having it done. That happened with my girls too ages 2 and 4. Like you, I felt it a good idea to have them done earlier rather than at 10-12.

This was a perfect age to pierce their ears! You were a smart mommy for doing it now and following mommy intuition earlier is best when mommy can care for them. Babies and little girls with little pierced ears celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their dd's ears pierced. If any moms are thinking
about it, and want some more research on the topic, write me an e-mail.

Angie

Angietune@hotmail.com

Angela said...

These pictures are so cute... sad and happy faces!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...