Sunday, December 02, 2012

November: Visits, Haircut, Thanksgiving, Mission Call, Twilight

This is a walk that we took, while we were up visiting my Grandma, Aunt Luetta and my Mom (who was there visiting and helping).  We had a very nice visit with them on a 5-day weekend.  We got to visit with some of my other relatives while we were there (because there are a lot of them), including my Aunt Patty and Uncle Rob.  On the walk, we found a sweet neighborhood kitten, that let all of us hold and pet it.  Very kid friendly.
The top pictures are of Mark giving Collin his very First Haircut.  I had a really hard time letting Mark cut his hair for the first time; because he had all of these bright red curls.  So adorable.  Mark cut it pretty short.  Little Miss R and Little Man E performed together in the school-wide Veteran's Day Assembly.  It was full of patriotic songs, that were very moving.  We were so proud of them!  It was nice to be able to have Mark's mom come and watch the kids perform also.
We had Thanksgiving at our home, the weekend before Thanksgiving week.  We like to establish our own traditions with our little family (even though we very much enjoy having the festivities with our extended family as well).  I gave the kids Thanksgiving Coloring and activity sheets, we read Thanksgiving books, watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, passed around a 5 kernel burlap sack, and each of us told 5 things that we are thankful for, and we talked about the 1st Thanksgiving.  It was wonderful.  Then we went up to Washington {we picked up my mom, on the way up and she rode there with us} and celebrated Thanksgiving with my side of the family, because it was our year to do that.  We had a fabulous time celebrating with them also.  We had all of my 6 siblings (except Tommy who is on his mission) and their families there for at least part of the celebration; although my sister's (Celestia) hubby wasn't able to come (because he's recovering from a recent surgery) and so she brought him home some food.  Afterwards, my sister Angela and I went to the Black Friday Event, and scored some fabulous deals for our kiddos.  But let me tell you, doing that while nearly 8 months pregnant, was not the best choice on my part.  My feet were SO swollen when we got home {which they usually are at this point in my pregnancy}.
The top 6 pictures are of the kiddos spending time with their cousins, while we were up visiting my side of the family in Washington.  They always love spending time with their cousins.  They built forts, had sleepovers (we watched the "Grinch" and made Chocolate chip cookies), helped Grandma decorate her Christmas tree, ate Thanksgiving at the "kids tables" and had all kinds of fun on our 5-day weekend up there for Thanksgiving.  Bottom 2 pictures, are of spending time with Mark's sister Kristy's family when they visited, and when we had Mark's parents over for dinner.
I was so thrilled when my little brother Joseph got his mission call in the mail while I was up there!  Usually with living away from the area (and everyone else in my family still is around there), I am the only one who doesn't get to be there (in person) for my brother's to read their mission calls (I usually have to listen on the phone).  But Joe got his while I was up there.  It was so exciting for us to be there when he opened and read his call to the RIVERSIDE, CALIFORNIA MISSION (English Speaking).  It was extra exciting, because our brother Thomas (pictured above left), is on his mission in the SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA MISSION (Lao and Mein Chinese Speaking).  They will be overlapping on their missions, for about a year (Missions are 2-years long).  Apparently, Joe might even be able to go be Tommy's mission companion for a couple of days, on the way down to the MTC, in Provo.  Which would be so neat for them.  The kids (and Mark and I) are so proud of Joe and Tommy for serving the Lord; and also of Mark's parents who recently returned from a mission in the DES MOINES, IOWA MISSION (English Speaking).
Well, Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 came out, and I had to go Opening night, with my Sister-in-law Summer.  It was awesome!  We loved it.  I was surprised that my Bella/Edward t-shirt still fit me, while I am super prego (I've worn it to all of the other showings of the Twilight saga).  Then while we were up in Washington, Mark and I went with Angela and Grant, and it was super fun too.  Last picture is of Little Miss R showing off her prizes, from when she went to the ER to get one staple in her head from getting an owie.  We have had the worst luck with owies with our kiddos lately.  I hope that it goes back to normal soon, which is no more owies.  But I guess with active kiddos, it's bound to happen occasionally.  It's just hard to watch them go through it.  Our Poor baby.
 Some of Little Miss R's {6 year} pictures from her Session.  To see more, view my Photo Blog.
Some of Little Miss K's {4 year} pictures from her Session.  To see more, view my Photo Blog.
 Some of Little Man C's {2 year} pictures from his Session.  To see more, view my Photo Blog.

2 comments:

Megan and Jeremy said...

So exciting for Joe!!! That would be so fun if he could see Tommy on his way to the MTC. He looks so great with his short haircut :) Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving (both of them), Halloween & birthdays. Love all the pics Liz :)

Elizabeth C said...

Thanks Megan!!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...