Monday, October 13, 2008

Fairy Tea & Fabulous Parties {10.2008}

We celebrated Mark's birthday last week. We had a lovely party at our house. We also had a party for Mark, Little Man E, me and some others in Mark's fam at his parent's house. A girlfriend (Nette) of mine told me about this Fairy Tea that they have twice a year here. This last Saturday (the 11th) we both bought tickets and took Our Girls (Mark did some fun Boy things while we were there) to it. We dressed them up as Princesses and at the door they were given a fairy crown, wand and wings. Then they had story time, a fairy princess parade, and a lovely tea party with all kinds of finger sandwiches, fruit, treats, herbal tea (apple juice for the girls), and all kinds of food. They even gave the moms and the girls (!) real tea cups to drink from. We had wonderful conversations and the place was decorated so adorably (with fairy decor, chiffon everywhere, beautiful tables, castles, just so adorable!)! It was an amazing party and all of the little girls (it was packed!) and the moms had a fabulous time! They gave us take home boxes to take home the goodies and they gave the girls a bag of fun toys and treats. It was sooo much fun! We are definitely going again, when they have it in the Spring. Afterwards, my family started arriving to come to Baby K's Baby Blessing the next day (Mark's whole family already lives here). We got to visit with them and show them our new house. I didn't write on here that we have had sooo much help from friends and family since Baby K was born. We had almost 2 weeks of meals brought in, my mom came for a week and watched the kids and cleaned my whole house (!), cooked, etc and Mark's mom and some of my friends have been taking Little Man E and Little Miss R, so I can relax and get some things done. We have felt very loved and special. I also made like 20 casserole type dinners and froze them (I do that with every one of my babies) so we will have dinners to eat and I don't have to worry about cooking, when I am too busy, or don't feel like it. :) We have enjoyed visiting with some of my side of the family too.


















9 comments:

Candice said...

I want to go to a tea party - fun! I'm sure Rachel had a wonderful time :)

Angela said...

I wish they had that up here. How fun! Rachel looks gorgeous!

Angela said...

PS- My favorite pictures are the one of Mark and Kate and especially the one of Ethan and his favorite things. :) So cute!

Elizabeth C said...

Well, they do it twice a year, you will have to come down to one of them with your girls and we'll go together!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday to Mark! How cute to have a fairy tea --I bet all the girls were in heaven :0) It's fun to go on dates with your kids.

Summer said...

That's neat to have a little princess party get together. those are cute pics. I bet rachel had lots of fun.

Ryan and Leah said...

How fun! Oh man my girls would have a blast at something like that!

Ryan and Leah said...

How fun! Oh man my girls would have a blast at something like that!

Anna said...

Rachel is an adorable little fairy princess! I would love to do this with Ruby someday!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...