Wednesday, August 08, 2007

5th Anniversary, Liz's SURPRISE!! {08.08.2007}












August 8th 2007
Well, today 5 years ago, Mark and I were married for time and eternity in the Seattle LDS Temple. We are celebrating all week. Yesterday morning, Mark told me that he had been planning a surprise for me for a while, and that I needed to be ready to go at 3 pm, and have the kids ready too. We were ready, and we got in the car, filled it up with gas and then took the kids to Grandma and Grandpa’s. Then we starting driving to our unknown (to me) destination, we were driving towards the Tri-cities, and when we got there, we stopped and got something to eat. Then we drove some more and arrived at a big stadium, where several people were waiting to be let in. We walked to the line, and saw Mark’s aunt, uncle and cousins waiting in line. I still didn’t know what we were there for, until Mark’s aunt said, “You guys are here to see Martina too?” (I whispered in Mark’s ear, “You are sooo cute for doing this!”) We were there to see one of my most favorite singers’ concerts—Martina McBride! I was sooo excited! How romantic that he planned this special date for us, and surprised me with it! I love that! Well, we walked into the stadium and waited for a little while for the show to begin and then we enjoyed an entertaining opening act. It’s cool when you see someone before they are famous, and can tell that they are going places.
Well, before the curtains came up, there were lighted words that came on them that said, “Dream, Build, Sing”. The name of her tour was “Waking up Laughing”. She came up out of the floor and started to sing her song “Do it anyway.” I love that song, very inspiring. I was just overwhelmed by being there (I have seen her in concert once before, but it was 8 years ago), I cried—because it was so awesome. She did an excellent job—she is an amazing performer. We loved the show. She sang her song “Concrete Angel” which is about an abusive situation in a home of a little girl, and they showed a video in the background of the story. I totally balled through the whole thing. That kind of thing is even harder to see when you have kids, because you can’t imagine someone would be abusive to their child like that. Some of my other favorite songs that she did were “This ones for the girls” (all of the women stood up), “Happy Girl”, “Rose Garden”, “My baby loves me just the way that I am”, “Love’s the only house/Blessed (She did a medley of the two songs together it was awesome) “Independence day” (Everyone stood up), and “Where would you be”. Really all of her songs were fantastic and she has such a beautiful voice. I am so amazed by people that do that for a living; because doing that was my dream for a long time. Now I don’t know how she and others do that and keep a happy family life. It has to be very hard.
I loved the whole experience, especially that Mark had arranged the whole thing, knowing how much it would mean to me, and how much I would love it. Thanks honey! We have a special dinner planned tonight, and we are leaving to go away for a couple of days this weekend, (leaving the kids with Grandma and Grandpa) to go to Crater Lake and spend some time alone. I love you sooo much Mark! Thank you for always being there, making me happy and believing in me. Happy 5th anniversary my love!




'Myspace,


4 comments:

christine said...

congratulations

Megan and Jeremy said...

Awwwww!!! That is so cute Liz! How fun to go to a concert, and I think the best part was it was a surprise-I love surprises! That is so thoughtful and sweet of Mark-way to go, oh and Happy Anniversary you guys!
Have fun at Crater Lake :)

Karla Cheney said...

It's great that you two could go celebrate and have so much fun. Mark is so thoughtful and good to you Liz.

Angela said...

What a romantic man! I knew he would be perfect for you Liz!!! How awesome that he would be so thoughtful and hardworking, to plan something like this for you Liz! I am so happy that you are both so happy together! :) Congratulations on 5 wonderful years!!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...